The world’s polar regions are among the most breathtaking, inspiring and misunderstood on earth. To travel to these regions is to be transformed by the experience—the stunning landscape, unique wildlife and magnificent people.
At Polar Horizons, we are grateful for all the opportunities we have to travel to various parts of the Arctic, and it is our great pleasure to help you benefit from what we have seen and experienced as well as to contribute in the building of bridges between Northerners and Southerners. Given that Polar Horizons had the privilege of being the force motrice of the research that led to the discovery of the remains of the Labrador Inuit who died in Europe in the nineteenth century, it is also our responsibility to share our knowledge, and thus contribute to the reconciliation process.
- Through our In the Footsteps of Abraham Ulrikab research project you will discover one of the Canada’s most moving human stories involving a group of eight Inuit from northern Labrador who were brought to Europe in 1880 to become zoo attractions!
- Through our talks, film screenings, and photo exhibits programs you, your children and your community will learn about the region’s rich natural, historical and cultural heritage.
- Through our photography portfolio you will see the majesty of the polar regions and be introduced to the culture of the native people of the circumpolar world.
- Through our online boutique you will be able to bring the wonders of the polar regions to your home and/or introduce family, friends and colleagues to such beauties by acquiring finely crafted art cards and notebooks. Our bookstore allows you to order our publications or to download them in PDF or EPUB formats.
- Through our blog, you will be able to follow our aventures, discover places and events linked to the polar regions and meet other individuals who have been bitten by the "polar" bug.
Nothing pleases us more than to share our adventures, knowledge and passion for the polar regions with you. We would be more than thrilled to contribute to the awakening of your own polar passion!
Get the latest on our polar adventures
Stay up to date on our polar activities by subscribing to our colourful, engaging and informative newsletter. Issued at least six times each year, Polar Horizons’ newsletter will allow you to be first to hear about our findings regarding the Abraham Ulrikab story. You’ll also be kept informed of our latest polar adventures, upcoming talks, activities and events, new products, etc.
Rest assured! We will not share or sell your email address to anyone. You will not be receiving any mail from us other than the newsletter and you will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
Don’t wait! Subscribe today.