Watering Cove on Grady island was the site a whaling factory operated by the British-Norwegian Whaling Co. from 1927 to 1930. Abandonned in 1934, the huge metallic structures are a testimony to the whaling industry on this island. A little further, behind a hill, we see the abandonned houses of Grady Harbour, where the Hudson's Bay Company operated a trading post. Grady Harbour was considered a safe harbour by the schooners which visited it in great number. In 1827, no less than sixty vessels were recorded in the area.